Roasted Acorn Squash With Crispy Yellow Peas
Roasted acorn squash is a dish that has tons of vibrant flavors. As a result, the recipe is prevalent worldwide. People also consider this dish as an ideal thanksgiving food item. People do enjoy the rich flavor of the fish with friends as well as family. The process of making tasty roasted acorn is not complicated; consequently, people can easily make it. The dish is also very ideal for serving to guests on special occasions.
The acorn and the peas have a whole traditional vibe along with very crispy as well as crunchy nature. People who are a fan of crispy chickpeas love the dish. It does not require too many ingredients; moreover, a small list of them is sufficient to make acorn and peas. The technique to make the dish is effortless to learn as well as easy to master.
Roasted Acorn Squash Ingredients
The list of ingredients for the dish is such as the main ingredient is half a cup of split yellow peas. Then it requires one medium acorn squash, which the people must rinse before use. Then they need about 2 to 3 spoons coconut oil as well as about quarter teaspoon chili powder. The chef can take seas salt and black pepper according to their will. Then it also needs some traditional spices such as half teaspoon cumin seeds, half teaspoon coriander seeds, half teaspoon black mustard seed, and so on. It is also simple to make it with simple tools.
These ingredients are sufficient for about two large servings or about four small servings. If people want to make food in more substantial quantities, they would need to increase the amounts proportionately. At last, garnishing can be done with the help of olive oil, lemon, cilantro leaves as well as mint leaves.
Roasted Acorn Squash Procedure
• The first step is to soak the yellow split peas in water for about 8 hours. After that, take them out and put dry them with the help of a kitchen towel. People must drain the peas thoroughly.
• After that, they must preheat the oven at 400 degrees furthermore with the help of a sharp knife cut the acorn into slices. Then people must add coconut oil along with the chili powder. After this, roast the mixture for 25 minutes until they are tender and soft.
• After the roasting process over the chef must add the spices such as salt, pepper, various seeds, and so on. The mixture then should be cook on a medium flame for about 7 to 8 minutes, consequently as this will give the soup consistency and thickness.
• The acorn tastes good with garnishing of mint leaves, cilantro leaves, lemon, and a dash of olive oil. This provides the dish with a delicious as well as crunchy texture.
• Now the meal is ready to serve and eat furthermore people can also decorate the plates and containers. This will help the recipe look more appealing and eye-catching.
The acorn squash and pea dish are delicious and very easy to make. Many people also find this dish as an ideal thanksgiving offering