Make-Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches Recipe
If you are looking for a quick and tummy-filling meal for the morning, opt for the breakfast sandwiches. The easy assembling will give you the perfect solution for the busy morning.
Recipe Of Breakfast Sandwiches
Whether you want to make tiffin for your kids or yourself, these sandwiches are great options. Kids will adore the combination of bacon, cheddar cheese and eggs, and the toasted muffins. If you want, you can prepare these sandwiches with bagel too.
Preparation time – 1 hour
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Serving – 6
- Large eggs – 6
- Milk – ½ cup
- Salt – as needed
- Pepper – as needed, freshly ground
- Bacon – 6 strips (you can opt for ham slices or sausage patties instead of bacon)
- English muffins – 6
- Butter – as needed
- Cheddar cheese – 6 slices
How To Make Breakfast Sandwiches
- In a bowl, add the six eggs one by one and also the milk. Sprinkle salt and pepper and whisk them thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a baking dish of 9*13 inches and coat t well with the cooking spray. Now pour the egg mixture into it and insert the dish in the oven. Let it bake for about 20 minutes so that the mixture sets ultimately.
- Take a biscuit cutter and cut it either in square shape or circular shape.
- Line the baking sheet with foil and put the strips of bacon on it. Insert it within the oven and let it bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes.
- While the bacon is cooking in the oven, cut the English muffins. Once you take out the bacon strips, place the muffin slices in the oven. Let them toast for a few minutes so that they become crunchy.
- When done, coat each muffin with a generous amount of butter.
- Now take one slice of muffin, place a piece of egg followed by a cheese slice and bacon strip, and put another muffin half on it.
- Your sandwich is all set. You can have them immediately. But if you are planning to have them the next day, then wrap them well in foil and keep in an airtight container. Now put it in the fridge. You can prepare sandwiches for the whole week and keep them in the refrigerator.
Tips For Breakfast sandwiches
- If you are planning to store the sandwiches for a long time, it is better to keep them in the freezer bag and then freeze them.
- For reheating the sandwiches, you need to take them out from the freezer the previous night. Next morning, place them with the foil on in the middle rack of the oven. Heat them at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes.
- Don’t you want to turn the oven on? Then toast the upper muffin half separately and heat the remaining portion in the microwave.
From each serving of sandwich, you will get 490 calories, 2 gm of fiber and sugar respectively, and 27 gm of protein. You will also get 11 gm of both saturated and unsaturated fat; however, there is no trans fat.