“Balsamic Tofu” that we all yearn to have easy-to-make comfort food options for supper at home. With our brand new Balsamic Tofu Recipe, you’ll have just that! Tofu is packed with proteins, and what’s more, it is gluten-free and completely vegan!
Why The “Balsamic Tofu” Recipe Is Really Worth A Shot?
- It is gluten-free, vegan, high on protein, suitable for lactose intolerant patients, and low on saturated fats. All the goodness in one meal!
- It can be prepped ahead of time and stored for a quick, weekday dinner. Additionally, you can use it as topping on your favorite dishes like pizza, soup, sandwiches, and salads.
Packed with proteins and minerals like calcium and iron, Balsamic Tofu does wonders for your health! It is also quite inexpensive.
Things To Remember When Cooking Tofu
- Use the extra-firm variety: Balsamic tofu is meant to be crisp and dry; therefore, your tofu should be firm. The softer the tofu, the more water it contains, and that makes it soggy. Make sure to buy extra-firm tofu from the refrigerated section of your local grocery.
- Squeeze out excess moisture: Layout your tofu on a tray and stack them on top of each other with tissue paper in between. Press with a heavy object on top. This will squeeze out the excess water.
What You Need For Making This
- Italian seasoning and balsamic vinegar
- Extra-large baking paper
- Bowls and scoops
Balsamic Tofu Recipe
- Step 1: Drain out excess water by following the instructions above. Leave the tofu to press for about 2 hours.
- Step 2: While the tofu is drying up, make the marinade in a bowl by mixing in all the ingredients.
- Step 3: Once the tofu has dried out, cut it into small cubes. Place in a shallow bowl and combine it with the marinade. Let it sit for about half an hour to 2 hours, as per the time you have.
- Step 4: Let the tofu crisp-up in a 400F oven for about half an hour. Once it is out, sprinkle balsamic vinegar on top.
How To Get The Best Product
Some pro tips to make the most out of this recipe:
- Use homemade tofu: The freshness of handmade products in undeniable! Set out to make your own tofu with our favorite, Plastic Tofu Press Mold. With this product, you can experiment with the ingredients you add in your tofu and come up with fresh, new, and healthy tofu recipes!
- Bake in an oven: The item cooks best in an oven! Make sure to set the right temperature and use baking sheets!
Side Dishes For Balsamic Tofu
Serve your stuff with the following dishes:
- Mashed cauliflower with garlic
- Pesto Pasta with Artichoke toppings
- Sundried Broccoli served with Tomato
- Italian Pasta and Zucchini Salad
- Noodles with Squashed Butternut
Can Balsamic Tofu Be Made Ahead Of Time
You can add the cut tofu pieces to the marinade in a bowl and refrigerate it for prepping later. It will stay fresh for a couple of days.
Cooked items will stay in the fridge for about 4 to 5 days. Re-heat when serving!